Band of Marines
Hello! It appears you haven't logged in. Please input your login information or if you haven't registered, register now! Thank you!

~ The Company Staff
Band of Marines
Hello! It appears you haven't logged in. Please input your login information or if you haven't registered, register now! Thank you!

~ The Company Staff
Band of Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of the Band of Marines.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO? THE BAND OF MARINES FORUMS HAS, AS OF LATE, SEEN VERY FEW FAMILIAR FACES! WE ASK YOU AS MEMBERS OF THE BAND OF MARINES TO PLEASE LOG ONLINE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND POST. ACTIVITY ON THE SITE PRESENTS A GOOD IMAGE TO POTENTIAL RECRUITS WHO MUST VISIT FOR THE FORUMS TO GET SIGNED UP BEFORE THEY BECOME OFFICIAL MEMBERS. IF NO ONE IS ON, IT SHOWS THAT OUR ACTIVITY IS LOW AND NO ONE IS ACTIVE. SO GET TO POSTING, MARINES!
THE BAND OF MARINES IS PROUD TO BE PARTNERS WITH THE INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL OPERATIONS GROUP "TASK FORCE NINER" AND THE FAMOUS FIRST RECONNAISSANCE BATTALION UNITS. TOGETHER WE SHALL HELP IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF TRAINING, COORDINATION, AND COHESION WITH EACH OTHER AND BRING TOGETHER A SCATTERED COMMUNITY OF MILITARY SIMULATION UNITS. LET'S GIVE THESE TWO ORGANIZATIONS A BIG BAND OF MARINES "OORAH!"

Briefing and AAR SOP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PFC_Casper
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Briefing and AAR SOP Empty
PostSubject: Briefing and AAR SOP   Briefing and AAR SOP EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Standard Operating Procedure 100-022

Purpose:
This SOP is to outline the regulations regarding Briefing and After Action Reports.

Application: This SOP applies to all Marines attached to the 13th Battalion, 37th Regiment.

General:

A. Briefing on Mission/Exercises

(1) The highest ranking NCO or CO will do a brief before conducting missions and training exercises as well as afterward.

(2) A Brief must consist of the following:

a. Weapon/Vehicle/Armor Armament for all Marines participating within said mission or exercise.
b. The mission objectives.

B. After Action Reports

(1) The highest ranking NCO or CO will conduct After Action Reviews upon the completion of all missions and/or exercises.

(2) Upon the completion of said Review, the highest ranking NCO or CO conducting said review will file a After Action Report to either the Company First Sergeant or the Battalion Sergeant Major including the following:

a. Mission/Exercise Name
b. Date, Time Started and Ended
c. Marines involved (Highest ranking NCO or CO will be in bold)
d. Location
e. Operation (the game, game type, map, etc.)
f. Kills, K.I.A., M.I.A., W.I.A.
g. Award and Promotion Requests for specified Marines (OPTIONAL)

Signed,
Sergeant Major J. Casper

Last edited by PFC_Casper on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PFC_Casper
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Briefing and AAR SOP Empty
PostSubject: AAR Template   Briefing and AAR SOP EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Exercise/Mission Name - use the first three letters of your last name, followed by a dash, then either and E(exercise) or M(mission) and then a three digit number starting at 001. For example, if I were conducting a mission, it would be CAS-M001
Duration - the time started and finished (Military Time)
Exercise/Mission Start and End Date - written day, month, year (19 MAR 2010 is the correct format)
Marines Involved (A list from highest rank to the lowest)
Locale (Desert, Forest, Urban, etc)
Operation (Game, Game Type, Map, etc)
Kills, K.I.A.(who was killed and by what), M.I.A.(lagging out is considered M.I.A.), W.I.A. (any and all wounds)

What went right? Objectives secured/defended?
What went wrong?
What can be improved?

Here is an example:

Mission - CAS-001
Duration - 1300 (S), 1500 (E)
Date - 10 MAR 2010 (S), 15 MAR 2010 (E)
Marines Involved -
SgtMaj Casper
Locale - Snow
Operation - MW2, TDM, Derail
100 Enemy Insurgents Killed
0 Killed in Action
1 Missing in Action
- SgtMaj Casper lagged out.
0 Wounded in Action

Completing the tasks set went right.
Nothing went wrong.
Killing speed and communication could be improved.
Back to top Go down

Briefing and AAR SOP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Band of Marines :: General Information :: Technical Information & Publications-
Jump to: