Band of Marines
Hello! It appears you haven't logged in. Please input your login information or if you haven't registered, register now! Thank you!

~ The Company Staff
Band of Marines
Hello! It appears you haven't logged in. Please input your login information or if you haven't registered, register now! Thank you!

~ The Company Staff
Band of Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of the Band of Marines.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO? THE BAND OF MARINES FORUMS HAS, AS OF LATE, SEEN VERY FEW FAMILIAR FACES! WE ASK YOU AS MEMBERS OF THE BAND OF MARINES TO PLEASE LOG ONLINE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND POST. ACTIVITY ON THE SITE PRESENTS A GOOD IMAGE TO POTENTIAL RECRUITS WHO MUST VISIT FOR THE FORUMS TO GET SIGNED UP BEFORE THEY BECOME OFFICIAL MEMBERS. IF NO ONE IS ON, IT SHOWS THAT OUR ACTIVITY IS LOW AND NO ONE IS ACTIVE. SO GET TO POSTING, MARINES!
THE BAND OF MARINES IS PROUD TO BE PARTNERS WITH THE INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL OPERATIONS GROUP "TASK FORCE NINER" AND THE FAMOUS FIRST RECONNAISSANCE BATTALION UNITS. TOGETHER WE SHALL HELP IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF TRAINING, COORDINATION, AND COHESION WITH EACH OTHER AND BRING TOGETHER A SCATTERED COMMUNITY OF MILITARY SIMULATION UNITS. LET'S GIVE THESE TWO ORGANIZATIONS A BIG BAND OF MARINES "OORAH!"

Stupid-ass Americans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heretic
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Stupid-ass Americans Empty
PostSubject: Stupid-ass Americans   Stupid-ass Americans EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Well, now that I've got your attention by posting a topic with this title I shall tell you about my experiences with several anonymous dumb-asses.

Cartwright, you may want to back me up on this one as you were there.

Whilst casually playing CoD4 with my fellow clan members over Xbox Live, we encountered a team of really sore losers. These losers decided that the best way to make themselves feel better was to take the piss out of my accent. Badly.

Now being British I am used to this over Xbox Live. I get it enough. Especially Cartwright, he's the worst of them all.

But I digest.

This rather idiotic specimen of Homo-Sapiens Americanis decided to tell me to, and I quote with great vigor;

"Lerrrrn haw toooo speek Inglish properrrrrrrluyyyyyyyy laaaaaaaak muy"

If this encounter had been in person, I would have laughed in his face and given him a copy of the "Oxford English Dictionary" printed by, oh, Oxford University Press in the United Kingdom of England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland.
Back to top Go down
BoM Cartwright
Captain
Captain
BoM Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: Stupid-ass Americans   Stupid-ass Americans EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Ah. But you know you live mah accent. Razz

But yes, they were horrible. I actually laughed at a few of them simply because their English was my atrocious. More so than Tommy. And we vets all know how bad he is.

And unfortunately, an American has no credibility in telling a Brit to speak proper English when the British were the original proctors of English and were the mere inventors of said language. Now, that isn't to say there aren't very eloquent Americans who speak on the same level of a Brit, but unless the Brit uses massive slang, you have no right to tell him to speak properly when we're the ones who butchered the English language.

And you know what is funny? I find words that have been in the English lexicon for a long time that has not been included in the dictionary, being petitioned to be added. They've already added the word 'ain't' into the dictionary here in the U.S. It's terrible because no college professor would ever accept the use of the word 'ain't' on an official essay paper and would consider the use of the word improper altogether. But of course, for the longest time, words such as 'awesome' weren't in the dictionary until their use became widespread.

Anyway, back on subject: those guys were idiots and were jealous of Pinkney's accent. And my devilishly good looks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bom.aowc.net
PFC_Casper
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Stupid-ass Americans   Stupid-ass Americans EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:32 am

negative, the English language was brought over to England by German settlers in the 5th Century..
Back to top Go down
BoM Cartwright
Captain
Captain
BoM Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: Stupid-ass Americans   Stupid-ass Americans EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Sergeant Major, with all due respect, you know too much. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.bom.aowc.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid-ass Americans   Stupid-ass Americans Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid-ass Americans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Band of Marines :: General Area :: Idiocracy!-
Jump to: