Band of Marines
Hello! It appears you haven't logged in. Please input your login information or if you haven't registered, register now! Thank you!

~ The Company Staff
Band of Marines
Hello! It appears you haven't logged in. Please input your login information or if you haven't registered, register now! Thank you!

~ The Company Staff
Band of Marines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official message board of the Band of Marines.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO? THE BAND OF MARINES FORUMS HAS, AS OF LATE, SEEN VERY FEW FAMILIAR FACES! WE ASK YOU AS MEMBERS OF THE BAND OF MARINES TO PLEASE LOG ONLINE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND POST. ACTIVITY ON THE SITE PRESENTS A GOOD IMAGE TO POTENTIAL RECRUITS WHO MUST VISIT FOR THE FORUMS TO GET SIGNED UP BEFORE THEY BECOME OFFICIAL MEMBERS. IF NO ONE IS ON, IT SHOWS THAT OUR ACTIVITY IS LOW AND NO ONE IS ACTIVE. SO GET TO POSTING, MARINES!
THE BAND OF MARINES IS PROUD TO BE PARTNERS WITH THE INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL OPERATIONS GROUP "TASK FORCE NINER" AND THE FAMOUS FIRST RECONNAISSANCE BATTALION UNITS. TOGETHER WE SHALL HELP IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF TRAINING, COORDINATION, AND COHESION WITH EACH OTHER AND BRING TOGETHER A SCATTERED COMMUNITY OF MILITARY SIMULATION UNITS. LET'S GIVE THESE TWO ORGANIZATIONS A BIG BAND OF MARINES "OORAH!"

Recruitment Team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BoM Cartwright
Captain
Captain
BoM Cartwright

Recruitment Team Empty
PostSubject: Recruitment Team   Recruitment Team EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Hello there, Marines,

Some of you have shown an interest in becoming recruiters within the Band of Marines. As the leader of the clan, my hopes are for a highly organized and self-centralized unit that can handle the problems of recruitment on their own as well as run the entire recruitment field on their own. What this means is that they review applications, recruit on the Xbox site, take care of our recruitment threads and so on. They're self-centralized, which means that they can handle any problems that may arise with recruitment or recruiters on their own with minimal staff intervention (unless absolutely necessary). In other words, they're self-sufficient.

Both internal and external relations will have to be done for a job like this, so you will have to be involved with the community outside of the clan. So let's get the ball rolling here. Below you will find key things that a recruitment team member will be doing if they took part:

• Accepting or declining applications; as well as sending them.

• Keeping a new recruitment section organized

• Moderating the applications section.

• Monitoring the progress of potential recruits.

• Interviewing potential recruits.

• Posting new members and promotions on the Xbox recruitment thread.

I will explain all of these in detail so that you all have an idea of what the job is really like as well.

When it comes down to accepting or denying an application, you really need to have a good idea of what the person is like based on their application. I have said it before and I'll say it again, they have got to treat the application process as if they're applying for a business because it is now their only and lasting impression on the team that will be either accepting them or declining them. See how important it is? Also, considering our new recruitment system on our main website, you will be responsible for sending all potential applicants our application so that they can fill it out and submit it. Now, one of the newer upgrades to the system is the next point.

There is going to be a new recruitment section tacked onto the forums. However, it will remain hidden to those who are not a part of the recruitment team. This section will be used for member polls, let me explain how it works. You have just reviewed an application, does not matter if it looks like garbage or does not right now. You go into the new section and create a new topic on the potential recruit (if someone has not done so already). Name it "(Applicant's Name) a member?" Then create a simple "yes" or "no" poll. Now is the time to be critics, vote yes or no, then give a detailed reason why you chose your vote. When enough votes come through then we will know if the applicant is accepted or not!

As a member the recruitment team you will have control over the Band of Marines recruitment e-mail. You will also be responsible for placing accepted or declined applications in the appropriate folders (named "accepted" or "declined") and all pending or unread applications will remain in the inbox for review. Make sure that you, as members of the recruitment team, communicate well with each other to know who has replied to an applicant about their application or not. It would be annoying for me, if I were an applicant, to receive twenty "YOUR APPLICATION IS BEING REVIEWED. THANK YOU FOR APPLYING" e-mails and I'd probably just ditch the idea of joining the clan altogether thanks to the spam. Now if one of the team members has any trouble using the e-mail or does not understand how to properly do what has been stated above, I'll give brief training courses free of charge, lol.

It is very important that you live up to what we expect here at the Band of Marines. That means we need monitor the progress of potential recruits before they begin boot camp to make sure they're filling any necessary requirements. Which brings me to yet another addition to our recruitment system: Delayed Entry Program. I will discuss this in more detail later. Now remember that even if the person is a great member, if he does not meet the requirements of DEP he is to be denied from joining the clan and his application also declined. We cannot allow people to join who aren't willing to fill simple requirements.

Another little thing I am putting into this new system is interviewing of potential recruits. I figured it would be a nice idea to right before their acceptance be interviewed by one of the recruitment team members just for a final check to make sure the person is sane, heh. We will set up questions and such later when this all gets going but for now you get the general idea.

Our recruitment thread is extremely important. It reflects us as a clan and all of the members. The recruitment thread always needs to stay in top shape and sometimes that is a little hard to do by yourself. The team will be responsible for posting colorful updates to announce new Delayed Entry Program members, new Young Marines, promotions of members, etc. There will be a given format for this, but to make sure that a few people are on top of that is very reassuring.

So there you have it, being a part of the recruitment command is not easy. Much will be expected of you and you are the sole judge of who gets in or not which means you hold much power and responsibility. I will be looking for four people, one being the Head (or Chief) Recruiter, and then three other assistants. Do not be discouraged if you're not picked as there are plenty of others programs and jobs to be filled that I will announce in the future and unlimited opportunities.

For now, if you're interested in becoming a clan recruiter please fill out this small application.

Name:
TIS: (your time in service to the clan listed by months)
Reason to Join: (your reasons for wanting to join as well as any previous recruitment experience you may have)

Good luck, Marines!

Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Rank[/b]:
[b]TIS[/b]:
[b]Reason to Join[/b]:

SIDENOTE: Marines must have reached the rank of Lance Corporal (E-3) to qualify for the billet and MOS of recruiter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bom.aowc.net
BoM Reaper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BoM Reaper

Recruitment Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Team   Recruitment Team EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:25 am

Name: James Allman
TIS: 5 months
Reason to join: My reason to join is to get more people in the clan. Also I recently
recruited about 5 people in the clan.
Back to top Go down
BoM Cartwright
Captain
Captain
BoM Cartwright

Recruitment Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Team   Recruitment Team EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 pm

For now the Recruitment Team consists of:

Chief Recruiter Lance Corporal Allman

As the clan grows, the team size will grow. Well done to Allman for making the team and let's hope we get some applications soon to work on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bom.aowc.net
Sponsored content

Recruitment Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Team   Recruitment Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Team
Page 1 of 1